For the pastry
- 200g plain flour
- 100g cold butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1tbsp very cold water
For the filling
- 200ml double cream
- 1 wild garlic clove
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 5 eggs
- 80g finely grated mature cheddar
For the garnish
- 6 tbsp onion chutney
- 6 slices of Parma ham, cooked
- 3 rashers smoked streaky bacon, cooked
- 1 shallot, cut into rings
- A selection of soft green herbs
This classic savoury tart is baked to perfection using our efficient Fan Plus Technology, which expertly bakes or roasts on up to three levels. The finished result is a perfectly set Quiche, topped with a delicious onion chutney and crisp Parma Ham, perfect for an alfresco lunch or supper.
- To make the pastry, place the flour, butter and salt in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolks and continue to pulse. Gradually add the water a drop at a time and pulse until the dough just comes together. Wrap in cling film and flatten slightly to make it easier to roll later on. Leave to rest in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface to around half a centimetre thick, then line a 20cm loose bottomed flan tin, leaving an overhang of around 4cm. Return to the fridge and rest for a further 30 minutes.
- Cover the pastry with three layers of heat proof cling film, leaving an overhang. Fill with rice, dried beans or baking beans and draw in the cling film to secure.
- Bake the pastry case in the Miele Oven on Fan Plus 180°C for 20 minutes. Remove the cling film weight and bake for a further 10 minutes. Leave to cool and trim off the excess pastry.
- Put the cream, garlic and thyme in a saucepan and gently heat on setting 4 of a Miele Induction Hob to infuse for five to six minutes. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl and pour over the cream mixture. Whisk well and pass through a sieve into a jug. Stir through the mature cheddar and pour into the pastry case.
- Cook on Fan Plus 97°C for 45 minutes. The quiche should still have a slight wobble. Leave to cool.
- To serve, arrange all of the garnishes on top of the quiche and serve.