- 1 unsmoked Ham joint on the bone (we used a 6kg Ham on the bone, you can also use a piece of gammon)
- 200g dark brown sugar
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
Cooking a joint of ham at 100°C Full Steam until it reaches a core temperature of 70°C ensures it will not be under or over cooked and will be wonderfully soft and tender. To finish, cook on Fan Plus 190°C and baste regularly with the rich glaze for added depth of flavour. Serve with slow cooked steamed eggs for a decadent breakfast or midnight feast
- Place the ham joint on a perforated steam tray and insert a roast probe in the thickest part, avoiding the bone and ensuring the metal part of the probe is fully inserted.
- Place the tray in to the Miele Combination Steam Oven and cook using the roast probe
- Cook the ham at 100°C Full Steam until it reaches a core temperature of 70°C. Remove and allow to rest for 30 minutes. Ensuring the ham reaches this precise core temperature means it won’t be under or over cooked and will still be soft and tender.
- Remove the skin and some of the fat from the ham and score the remaining fat lightly. Place on a Universal Baking Tray.
- Preheat the oven to Fan Plus 190°C.
- Make the glaze: Mix the sugar, maple syrup and mustard and spread all over the ham.
- Place the ham in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, regularly basting with more of the glaze.
9 . Delicious served hot or cold and perfect with Miele Slow Cooked Eggs on Christmas Morning.